There are several reasons for considering senior living. Each has its value based on a person’s journey, and senior living communities offer a wide range of services, which means that making a move will depend on your needs at the time and in the future.
Here are the top reasons to consider senior living.
1. You live by yourself, and you need someone to help with your daily activities such as showering, getting dressed, doing general housekeeping, and personal car. Needing help with general household keeping and personal care is the most common reason seniors contemplate senior living.
2. It is becoming challenging to prepare meals, which is causing you to lack proper nutrition. Suppose you feel that going to the grocery store and preparing your meals are a heavy burden but cannot get a daily caregiver due to various reasons. In that case, you should consider a facility specializing in senior care.
3. You forget to take your medication at times, or you sometimes realize that you have taken more pills than allowed. Seniors with diabetes or those who are hypertensive can get health complications due to mismanaging their medication. If it is not possible to monitor the medication daily, senior living is a better option than staying home.
4. You do not have a spouse and feel lonely and depressed due to a lack of companionship. Living by yourself and losing some freedom can lead to isolation and depression. Socializing with people and participating in activities can provide you with a renewed sense of love for life, which a senior living community can provide.
5. You have a condition that needs to be monitored frequently, such as failing eyesight, arthritis, or have been recently diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. You can find help in a senior living facility in the form of regular assistance with healthcare needs. You can also get specialized Alzheimer’s care.
6. Your overall wellbeing and safety are at risk. That could be in the form of high chances of falling, not climbing the stairs, a recent history of leaving unsafe appliances, etc. Such episodes require help from professionals.
7. It is becoming overwhelming to manage the responsibilities of your home, and you cannot drive yourself to appointments. You can choose to live in an assisted care community instead of relying on family or hiring someone for such duties. You will get the time to do the activities you enjoy.
Are you looking for a comfortable community to join? Sagebrook Senior Living is a community that aims to provide the residents with a fun-filled and relaxed life. We provide round-the-clock care. You can reach us at (415) 346-0246. We would love to hear from you!We service the following zip codes and surrounding areas.
View a map of our services areas:
Visit our Google Site: